Civil War and History Tour of Virginia
April 19th to 28th, 2017
This Tour has been Cancelled!
This tour includes:
- Motor coach transportation throughout the tour
- 9 night accommodation
- 3 nights in Richmond VA
- 2 nights in Lexington VA
- 2 nights in Harrisonburg VA
- 2 nights in Gettysburg PA
- 3 dinners
- 2 lunches
- Local guides where appropriate
- Visits to:
All admission fees to parks, battlefields, and historic sites
- Harpers Ferry, WV
- Antietam MD
- Gettysburg PA
- Richmond VA
- Berkeley Plantation
- Appomattox Courthouse
- Virginia Military Institute
- Washington and Lee University
- Additional sites to be added
Optional stay in Washington DC following the tour
- Wednesday, April 19th
- Meet in the evening for a welcome drink to start the tour.
- Thursday, April 20th
- We’ll start at the for a morning tour. A local guide will take us
on a walking tour of Civil War Richmond to start the day. In
the afternoon, we’ll visit the Civil War Museum at the Tredegar
Iron Works. Overnight Richmond.Friday, April 21 st Drive down the James River to the Berkeley Plantation for a
tour. After lunch, we will travel to the Petersburg Battlefield,
site of the longest battle of the Civil War. Overnight
- Saturday, April 22nd
- We’re on our way to Lexington Virginia and our
accommodation for the next two nights. On the way, we’ll
stop for a tour of Appomattox Courthouse and Lynchburg.
- Sunday, April 23rd
- A visit to Lee Chapel on the grounds of Washington and Lee
University Campus. In the afternoon we’ll visit Stonewall
Jackson’s House and gravesite. Overnight Lexington.
- Monday, April 24th
- A short drive to the North takes us to the beginning of the
Shenandoah Valley. En-route we’ll take a morning tour of
Thomas Jefferson’s home at Monticello. After lunch, we’re off
to our accommodation for the next two nights in Harrisonburg.
Just outside Harrisonburg, we’ll stop at the Shenandoah Valley
Heritage Museum. Overnight Harrisonburg.
- Tuesday, April 25th
- Shenandoah Valley Touring. Overnight Harrisonburg
Wednesday, April 26th WE drive further today with a walking tour and lunch stop at
the town of Winchester. A little farther up the road, and right
on the way to Gettysburg, is Antietam. We’ll spend a good
part of the afternoon here before taking the final ride to
Gettysburg. Overnight Gettysburg
- Thursday, April 27th
- Today is entirely given to touring the Gettysburg Battlefield
site. Overnight Gettysburg
- Friday, April 28th
- We’re on our way to DC today with a stop at Harpers Ferry
WV, site of John Brown’s raid on the Federal Arsenal prior to
the start of the war. We’ll arrive at DCA Airport to drop people
off by 2:00 PM. If you plan to stay over in DC for a day or two
longer, the bus will drop you at your downtown hotel.
This tour is limited to 22 participants. A deposit of $500 will confirm your reservation.
The balance is due by January 31st, 2017. the cost of the tour is $2795 per person. Single
supplement is $800. Visa and Mastercard are accepted. A discount of $100 per person is
available by paying by check.