Huskies in the Big Apple
August 31st to September 3rd, 2017 (or stay longer!): Reserve Space Now!
The Huskies open the 2017 campaign on the road in New Jersey against Big-10 foe Rutgers University. The opener is scheduled for Friday Night on Labor Day Weekend, allowing for time before and after the game to experience New York.
In addition to the group events you’ve got a great selection of optional tours to experience while in New York. On Friday afternoon, we’ll board motor coaches for the 60 minute drive to New Jersey for the night game, arriving in plenty of time to tailgate on site.
This package includes
- Three night accommodations in mid-town Manhattan with tax1
- Welcome Cocktail Event Friday Evening
- 7-Day Transit Pass, valid on the entire MTA system, including buses and subways
- Game day transportation from our Manhattan Hotel to New Jersey for the big game**
- Parking and Pre-game tailgate near the stadium
- Tailgate on the lawn near High Point Solutions Stadium
- Access to optional group events
- Game tickets (credit applied if ordering through UW)
I am not offering any group flights to New York. There are no cost advantages to book group flights through the airlines, so I am recommending that you make independent plans with one of the carriers listed below. You have many options for non-stop flights to New York. Use miles or book directly with the airline using the following information:
Kayak.com is a great website to visit to check out who has the best flight deals at the
time. You can either book directly with Kayak or take the information you find to one of
the airline sites listed below.
- United-nonstop flights to Newark Airport
- Schedules and fares available now
- Alaska-nonstop flights to Newark and JFK
- Schedules and fares available now
- Delta-nonstop flights to JFK
- Schedules and fares available now
- Jet Blue-Nonstop flights to JFK
- Schedules and fares available 8-10 months out
The carriers listed above offer nonstop flights to NY Area airports. You may find better fares with connecting service on one of these carriers.
- Southwest Flights
- Schedules generally published 6 months out
- American Airlines
- flights available now
Published fares are available as of 10/4/16 for under $400 on nonstop flights.
Connecting flights are priced a little cheaper. It's hard to say if these fares will come
down. Fares have been in the $350-$450 ballpark for a while now. Jet Blue, when they
announce their schedules, may be a bit less expensive than the major airlines.
Uber and Lyft operate out of either Newark, Kennedy, and LaGuardia. Cost for these
services is estimated at $60 each direction for up to 4 people in a car. Time is about 45
minutes from the airport to the hotel. Taxi is about the same price as Uber or Lyft.
Super Shuttle offers shared ride service for approximately $35 per person. A full van of
10 passengers will cost about $150 each way if you book in advance.
|Brooklyn Cyclones at Coney Island, featuring Single-A Baseball in Brooklyn (schedule TBA-released in early December-hoping for Sunday afternoon)||$20.00|
|Group admission for the 9/11 Memorial and Museum-Saturday AM||$20.00|
|Special event with live jazz at Birdland (Sunday evening 11:00 PM)||$40.00|
|Transportation and tickets for-Red Sox at Yankees (Saturday night)||$60.00|
|48-Hour Open-top Tour bus ticket-Hop on/off format. See the entire city with narration.Any 48-hour period||$35.00|
|Sightseeing Cruise around Lower Manhattan-3 Hours-Saturday afternoon-includes cruise and coach transportation to and from the ship||$30.00|
|Kramer's Reality Tour-all the highlights from Seinfeld program Friday AM ||$50.00|
|NBC Studio Tour at 30 Rock-Sunday afternoon ||$35.00|
|Single Price||$ 1305||(one King)|
|Double Price||$ 885 per person||(one King or two doubles)|
|Triple Price*||$ 745 per person||(maximum 2 beds (doubles) in room)|
|Quad Price*||$ 670 per person||(maximum 2 beds (doubles) in room)|
Price shown is for Visa/Mastercard. Pay by check, deduct $35 (per person) from the final payment.
Hotel rooms come with either one large bed or two doubles.
A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person confirms your reservation. Balance of payment is due by June 1 st 2017.
Package includes three nights. Additional nights are an additional $345 per night, including all taxes.
* Please note-maximum 2 beds (doubles) per room
Why Book Now?
- Flights are booking up already
- Capacity is limited to just 200 hotel rooms
- Capacity is limited for some of the optional tours
Husky Headquarters in Manhattan
Westin Grand Central at http://www.westinnewyorkgrandcentral.com/
Optional Tour descriptions
- Circle Line Manhattan Cruise
- 3 hour cruise tour around the entirety of Manhattan
Island. This narrated cruise travels under the Brooklyn Bridge, past the Statue of Liberty
and Ellis Island. This tour includes round trip bus transportation from the hotel to the
pier and a three-hour chartered cruise. www.circleline42.com
- New York Yankees
- Travel by subway to the Bronx for a game at Yankee Stadium. Early
arrivals will have time to visit Monument Park located just beyond center field. Group
tickets and subway escort to and from the ballpark is included in this tour option.
- Brooklyn Cyclones
- There is no better baseball experience for the money than taking in a
Single-A (Mets) ballgame at Coney Island at MCU Park. Escorted subway trip out the ballpark, free time to wander through historic theme park, and tickets behind home plate at the ball game. www.brooklyncyclones.com
- Seinfeld Tour
- Known as Kenny's Reality tour and operated by the real-life inspiration for Kramer on the hit TV series, this tour will take you to all the film sites from the series narrated by Kenny himself. http://www.kennykramer.com/
- World Trade Center Memorial
- A can't-miss visit while you're in New York. The memorial and museum are more impressive than you can imagine. You want to budget at least 3 hours for this site. http://www.911memorial.org/
- Hop on/Hop off Coach Tour
- 48 hours of unlimited use on many different loops throughout the city. Visit the Brooklyn Loop in the morning, and the Uptown Tour Loop in the afternoon. Choose from Uptown, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Downtown, and a Night Tour. www.gonytours.com
- NBC Studio Tour-Sunday afternoon
- You’ll enjoy behind-the-scenes access to the studios where your favorite shows are made. Like Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Seth Meyers and more. An NBC Page will serve as your host and behind-the-scenes expert, guiding you through the historic halls of 30 Rock. You’ll learn about the entire TV production process, from the writing process and producing to the ways TV content gets to your home. You’ll then experience it all first hand as you and your fellow Tour guests produce your own show in our brand new Tour Studio. You can then download your show to keep for free. http://www.thetouratnbcstudios.com/
Other things to see and do in New York
- TKTS-Discounted Broadway, Off-Broadway Tickets
- The High Line
- Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island
- US Open Tennis-Flushing Meadows, NY
- Major League Soccer in New York-Schedules TBA
New York City Football Club @ http://www.nycfc.com/
New York Red Bulls @ http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/
- New York Botanical Garden