Galapagos with Ciscoe: FAQ
January 20th to January 27th, 2018
- Believe it or not, Ecuador uses the US Dollar as their own currency. There are no exchange fees. Unless
you continue on to Peru after the cruise, there is no reason to obtain funds in advance.
- Tour Extension
- Options will be offered to Quito for sightseeing in the area prior to the cruise. I will also offer a post-
cruise expedition to Machu Picchu. Details to follow soon.
- Getting there
- Flights are surprisingly reasonable to Quito and Guayaquil. I flew United Airlines business class round
trip in April 2015 and was pleased with the service and costs. Round trip from Seattle to Quito via
Houston was only $1100. Flights are not available to book until 330 days of the actual flight date, but
this will give you an idea of costs based on the same dates in 2017.
Coach fares, depending on airline preference, run between $1000 and $1500. Business class fares can
be found for between $400-$1000 more, depending on the airline and schedule. More information and
reservations will be available in late February or March (330 days from travel)
- These carriers will take you from Seattle to Quito with one connection.
- United Airlines via Houston
- American Airlines via Dallas or Miami
- Delta Airlines via Atlanta
- Multiple Latin carriers via LAX